Sunday, October 15, 2006

After Namibia

Holidays seem to have gone by so fast! Now I am back in Russia trying to catch up on all the school work that I missed while trying to get all the visas renewed. It was one of those long, don't make sense experiences but also very exciting. I got to see Uncle Peter and the family in J'burg and also managed to get back to Luanda in Angola after 16 yrs away. It was immediate cultural shock but I got all the paperwork sorted out while there. Exiting the country (Angola) was a very neat experience that I will remember for a long time (I will spare you the details).
Back at school I have been trying to get use to saying "prevaet" instead of "how's it". And the rain which goes on forever. Its been fun so far and i am actually enjoying the courses that we have to take this year.

So here are a few things that I have enjoyed in the past days:
- sleeping at the dubai airport (its like a campsite indoors)
- Having my lugagge lost again (and they still cant find my guitar)
- Having Indian food at the hostel
- Getting used to the fact that 80% of the people around me smoke
- My running watch was stollen from my lugagge
- The prospect of seeing Amanda in a few months...
- Chatting with friends from Namibia and Ohio
- My friend Marti is engaged!
- The neighbors upstairs jumping up and down
- My bed was TP'd the day before I arrived (good welcome prank!)
- Knowing that God is in control and that He will see me through this school year

2 Comments:

Blogger Schmanda said...

wow. you posted! hey, aren't you supposed to be studying? nerd. =)

6:39 AM  
Blogger On behalf of Mike said...

Finally! I'm so glad that everything got sorted out and you're back at school. Great to hear from you again!

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home